12 Gauge Diesel Engine Starter and other

Eley-Kynoch Marshall diesel engine power start cartridge
Cooppal display dummy
Remington dummy with “THIS DUMMY ROUND IS YOUR ASSURANCE THAT THIS LOAD HAS BEEN TESTED AND ADJUSTED” sticker

Any history or manufacturing dates will be appreciated?

Jas Watson of England used this ‘fighting chickens’ trade mark on a shell he branded “The Challenge” . But I’ve also seen it with this totally Belgian appearance, so it remains somewhat of a mystery to me. Sorry.
The Remington was I believe a handout at a trade show, to illustrate / sell I think, the ‘new’ style pie crimp.
The Marshall was used a lot in Australia / New Zealand (& still is today), and likely in England & her other colonies.

Sorry can’t be of more help.

(edited to correct the maker name of The Challenge)

Thank you for the info Pete!

[quote=“PetedeCoux”]Frank Dyke of England used this ‘fighting chickens’ trade mark on a shell he branded “The Challenge” . But I’ve also seen it with this totally Belgian appearance, so it remains somewhat of a mystery to me. Sorry.
The Remington was I believe a handout at a trade show, to illustrate / sell I think, the ‘new’ style pie crimp.
The Marshall was used a lot in Australia / New Zealand (& still is today), and likely in England & her other colonies.

Sorry can’t be of more help.[/quote]

Hi Pete,

Are you sure about Frank Dyke?
Don’t you mean Jas. R. Watson?
And Cooppal has made many cases for a number of British companies.
Also for Chas. Hellis.

regards rené

rené
Yes you are 100% correct, it was Jas Watson, & not Dyke…
Jim B. also corrected me.
Thanks to you both.

I’ll edit that correction into my above post.

Here is a video of a Field Marshall tractor being started using a cartridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEurohAwrmA