12mm pin fire raised G

Are there other sizes (9mm, 7mm?) which have the raised G-tip and base of these 12mm’s? Thanks, Lee T.

This letter G is drawing symbols French firm Gevelot and has been usage on cooper case Lefaucheux cartridges in caliber 7, 9, 12 and 15 mm. Also on brass case in 9 and 12 mm calibers. This symbol it is also known from shot cartridges in caliber 12 mm with cooper and also with brass case. Form letter G on cartridges in caliber 5 mm be something little different.

what about the raised G on the tip of the lead bullet? Is that also seen on other metric sizes?
Lee

[quote=“Lee Thurston”]what about the raised G on the tip of the lead bullet? Is that also seen on other metric sizes?
Lee[/quote]
notice : most of the time the cases are not copper but coppered brass

Lee,
I believe only the 12mm has the G on the tip; at least that’s the only one I have heard of or seen.

My understanding about the G on the bullet tip is this is a military mark. One finds this Gevelot headstamp often without the raised G on the bullet, something that tends to reinforce the military connection to me. It is only known to me on the 12mm.

Pete,
Thanks for the interesting twist on the raised G. It makes me think the only way to show that connection would be if someone had a full box of them, the box markings would tell the tale. Well, maybe someday!