14.5mm Soviet ammo question

Pepper asked me at SLICS what the 1st cartridge (on the left) was. I don’t know so I am posting this photo, maybe someone else can answer.

It is the spotter cartridge “ZP” which contains an incendiary composition and a tracer.

Was there a board like that in 7.62x25?!?!?!?

[quote=“sksvlad”]Pepper asked me at SLICS what the 1st cartridge (on the left) was. I don’t know so I am posting this photo, maybe someone else can answer.
[/quote]

This is board of dummy cartridges. Only tip’s painting is refers to actual cartridges. On the board all specimens with B32 bullets or only with empty bullet jackets.
The left one should be ZP spotter.

Thanks all. No, that was not secured at SLICS 2010, but at SLICS 2009 and it was missing the label under the now identified round.

My goal is to replicate the Russian label for that round. Sksvlad thought he could whip it up on his computer (if he knew what it should say).

If I had the Russian font on my computer, I would print that label in a text box and if I couldn’t match the others, maybe the tact is to re-create all of the labels (then they would be “fresh” and all would match).

Is there anyone out there (? Yuri) who I could contract to help ? (I would measure the existing labels and we could try to make the missing one…or is it best to make all of them new ???)

…and I think it is best to re-make all the labels

at the least…can someone sent me how/what the missing lable should say ??

Pepper

Pepper,

check the character map utility in your windows accessories. There you will find all Cyrillic characters in standard fonts like Arial and so forth. You can text from there and copy into a document.

Hans

Thanks all again !

here it is 2.5 hrs after my post and the Russian file has arrived here on my computer…Yuri…you are the best…and the IAA Forum does it again !

wow

Pepper Burruss
IAA President