14.5x114 Russian

Ok, headstamp question.

I believe this is Iraqi, any confirmation? What does the headstamp say?

MissingSomething–Yes it is Iraq. Again, it is not oriented correctly. the characters at 9 o’clock should be at 12 o’clock and read “03” for Factory 03. The two characters what would be 5 o’clock if oriented correctly are “87” for 1987. At 7 o’clock are 14.8 (caliber–I have no idea why it reads 14.8 not 14.5)

Thanks Ron for the confirmation. I think its a 14.5 but its just the way the headstamp was made… its very lightly stamped…

+++++++++++++
MissingSomething–Nope, it says 14.8. The number “5” in Arabic looks like a small “o”.

[quote=“RonMerchant”]+++++++++++++
MissingSomething–Nope, it says 14.8. The number “5” in Arabic looks like a small “o”.[/quote]

Here is another picture…

While we are on a roll… North Korea 1970?

MissingSomething–Yup, still reads 14.8. The Arabic “5” is “٥”

I agree, the other picture (looks like a 12.7) is most likely North Korean.

A couple more :)

North Korea - Factory 93 - 1981(?)

Chinese - Factory 71 - 1974

MissingSomething–I agree that 93 is North Korean and 71 is Chinese.

Thanks Ron, I feel better knowing that I am not totally an idiot :D

MissingSomething–OK, on second thought, I guess the 14.8 could be 14.5 (which it should be) with the bottom of the “٥” cut off by the primer. the Arabic 8 is “٨”.

Ron, I can clearly see the bottom of the “5” in the area of the annular primer crimp.

AKMS

Missing Something, it might be an idea to actually cut out the items in the images and then only post them, so you get them better visible since a lot of space on the images is used up by the surrounding and little left for the actual object.