16 Gauge Horrido Schönebeck Trefferkönig (Königspatrone) Show-Dummy

I show here some ammo from SK Schönebeck from the 90thies. It was special ammo, to shoot the “Eagle” during Schützenfest…(a wood construction in form of an eagle, the shooter, who destroyed finally the eagle, was “Schützenkönig”…which brought him/her honor, but also costs him/her a lot of money…
There where at some time some probs with this ammo, as it is normally a very weak load, not to produce to much damage at ones…
But in a few lots of ammo, there wasnt at all enough power, and the bullets bounced back from the target. As initial measure, the spectators had to stay further away from the target…but finally, the ammolots where called back…
I show exhibition dummies, here base (headstamp) with inerted primer, front view of the case, and top view on the roundnosed “slug”, all varnished with Zaponlaquer to protect this items for handling as Exhibitionsdummies… scarce today, as Schönebeck (now Nammo) ceased shotammo-production…

The usually black case got a small touch of yellowish from the laquering with Zaponlaquer…

PP

They are still used.
They are made in Poland today.

Rgds

yes, I see it, on the “quality” print…which hs?

Rgds

ya. the left one, is an old one, before 1990, as it still has the than used primer SINCORRO in it…
The 2 right ones, are the new ones, mostly loaded from PIONKI, and they cannot use the HORRIDO trademark…Trefferkönig is registered i think for G.Jehn, who distributed the old ones from Schönebeck in the past, and the new ones now…
There is a letter from Jehn, stating that each lot is proofed by DEVA, before the lots going on sale (avoiding the problems of underloading, and also not exceeding the maximum power (11xx joule) for the KÖNIGSSCHIESSEN, as there are very strict rules for the shooting place (Adlerschiessen)

thx for the pics of the new shotshells from Poland…

PP

Peter, why is the centre one (white) then having the Schönebeck logo???

In the meantime from stopping the production in Schönebeck,they may ordered from Poland under use of their own logo (distributed all in the West by Gustav Jehn, Lippstadt, which was since WW2 the distributor for SK (DDR)ammo, and later after the reunification for the new company…
After SK stopped distribution and sales, they couldnt use the SK-Design anymore (and the HORRIDO name was already dropped before on the white shell) and Jehn ordered directly from a shots-ammo-maker. As there is not such huge demand for this cartridge, its hard to find a manufacturer, which loads such a specific german type ammo…so Pawam Pionki was used…

PP

All cartridges have the “HORRIDO” trade mark.

Rgds

Hi,

to get this finally straight, I called up Mr.Jehn.
He told me, that after 2014 (as Schönebeck ceased production) he bought the name rights of HORRIDO from SK…
So, he used since than this name in accordance with the regulations of trademarks.

Not protected is the name Trefferkönig…
This name is used by Jehn, Lippstadt AND Germania/Deurus, Schönebeck on their versions of the Trefferkönig.
The ones from G.Jehn are made in Poland by Pionki, the ones from Deurus/Germania Schönebeck are made for them by SAGA, Spain…under use of the TREFFERKÖNIG Typename…
So, Horrido is protected for Jehn, and SAGA for the spanish company.

The only thing not correct, is the use of “Made in Germany” on the polish ammo, which is not allowed by law…maybe in the beginning they used up paperhulls from Schönebeck…but I dought it, as the shown paperhull does not have the SK-Trademark in the mid…or they just copied the old form, without thinking…
I will get soon some newly made ones from Pionki, and I will check printing on the hull…

PP

No problem. I can show them.

The name “HORRIDO” on the cartridges changed in the name “Germania”

It also seems that this change was already made in Schönebeck.

Rgds

thx, thats saves me time…
But I wrote to Germania Schönebeck, if maybe in the past the Trefferkönig was made for them with their company name on it…But Germania name is NOT protected for ammo or company names…

Thx again
PP