1933 Worlds Fair REM-UMC Cartridge display

First post - took half the night - here goes…
Has anyone else seen this four sided Chicago display. The only one that I know of that had seen it in Chicago, is no longer with us. My friend saved it just in time, as the owner had taken the four cartridge pannels out, and was using the cabinet for horse bridles!
sam

Another picture of the display. The 4th side had the pistol rounds, but the picture is not as good. The shotshell side has 50 window shells. Has anyone seen a picture or an article, about this “cartridge board”?
Thanks,
sam

BTT

Looks amazing!

Jason
PS: Wha is BTT?

BTT means Back To Top. Used as a quick way to move a thread back to the top of the post listings.

Gotcha! Thanx Ron!

Very interesting. These cabinet type displays are extremely rare. The only other one which I have seen was a British sporting cabinet at a gun shop in Canada. I had a friend keeping an eye on it but it ended up being sold when the owner was short of money. No idea what happened to it. This is similar to some of the displays at the Columbian Exposition at Chicago in 1893. It may have been one of those displays which survived.

I acted as a purchasing agent for a very wealthy buyer who bought up cartridge boards , rare guns and ivory tusks as investments(he invented the machinery which is used to make dry pet food). He would have loved the one which you show but alas - passed away.

How did you identify and date this ?

Looking over the various Columbian Exposition sites to find ammo displays I found these facts which should be of interest to many.

Famous Firsts from the fair…

George Ferris built the first Ferris Wheel.

The United States produced it’s first commemorative stamp set.

The US Postal Service produced it’s first picture postcards.

Cracker Jacks were introduced.

Aunt Jemima Syrup was introduced.

US Mint offers first commemorative coins: a quarter, half dollar, and dollar.

Cream of Wheat was introduced.

Shredded Wheat was introduced.

Pabst Beer was introduced.

Juicy Fruit gum was introduced.

Diet carbonated soda was introduced.

The hamburger was introduced to the United States.

The carnival concept was born.

As far as dating it, my friend bought it in the 1950’s. And a friend of ours, who I had met from collecting cartridges, had seen it at the fair. I don’t know if it’s older than that, (1933), or not. An expert, not me, could date it from the cartridges. I think there are cannon primers on one of the boards, and some older electric lights going up one corner.
And speaking of carnival concept, he also has a carnival shooting gallery in the next room. Neat place!
sam