1940 Polish HASAG box with overlabel

i recently acquired the HASAG box pictured below it had been opened and resealed with what looked like a plain white strip of paper. As I removed the white paper strip, i was surprised to see printing on the side that had been glued down.
The box had not been opened since the white strip had been sealed in place.

I would appreciate a translation of the word illustrated below, and a guess at the partial word. Any guess on the vintage of the application of the white paper strip would also be appreciated. To me they look like “Rank” (Dienstgrad) and “Name” indicating it was just a slice of an old form.

I suspect this is a repack since the box contained 15 rounds with 11.40 headstamps (with GMCS bullets) as indicated on the label and one with a 6.40 headstamp (and CNCS bullet). Looks like the box had been open at some time and one round missing. The missing round was replaced with the 6.40 round and the box resealed.

I now have three of these 1940 HASAG boxes with the “coffen” HASAG mark on the hst and photos of two more, with Lots from 6.40 thru 15.40. All have the same lot for the cases, bullets and load! This is seldom seen in German made 9mm ammunition during WWII.

Thoughts and translation appreciated.

Cheers,
Lew

PS: Merry Christmas!!!

Lew, your translation is absolutely correct. Indeed a very interesting box!

A merry christmas to all!

IN-Service Inspection…usually one round is sampled, from several packets in a Lot, and test-fired for Functionality. Sampled rounds are replaced with one of Similar Vintage , of which Batch/lot is known to be OK.

Common practice…the Greeks in the 1950s and 60s regularly sampled the 1945 British supplied .303, and replaced the Missing Clips (Mostly) with Clips of HXP 69 and 70. Crates were also Marked in Greek, with Inspection date.

Doc AV