1943 EC steel case .30 Carbine

More vintage ammo that I would like to identify and if possible find homes for, since it’s nothing I plan on collecting or using myself (yet). “If anyone is interested, please contact me by email or PM”.

Total 34 rounds loose, EC43 steel case .30 Carbine. Purple sealant around primers.

Evansville Ordnance Plant (Chrysler), Evansville, OH. Primer seal and color nothing out of the ordinary. Non corrosive. Shoots good. 50 cents a round in the US. Not much collector interest in th US. The mag I would need more pictures of to say.

Thanks for the info - the mag is nothing special, a sort of beat up IA that I grabbed out of my parts box so the photo wouldn’t be too boring.

BTW, Evansville is on the Ohio River, just in the state of Indiana. Cheers, Bruce.

You are absolutely correct. I got lazy and decided to cut and past from the IAA headstamp list and the IAA list is incorrect. They also reference Chris Punnett’s book .30-06, CTG Publishing, Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, 1997
and I looked in there and there is no such reference. Someone needs to fix this.

Here’s a picture of the box that went with the EC .30 Carbine steel case rounds. The plant was operated by the Chrysler Corporation during WWII (EC = Evansville Chrysler), and made principally steel-cased ammunition in .45 ACP and .30 Carbine. Plus other things.