1952 Carcano charger

What is the last year of Carcano Italian production? Here is a 1952 charger. I know I’ve asked this a long time ago but can’t find it (or remember the answer). I think it’s mid 1950’s. Carcano ammo is amazing. All the bullets move, which means this crimp is not tight, but I have yet to see a Carcano cartridge corroded from the inside with blue-green goo coming out.
2020_11200001

Thanks to Brian I can see that SMI has a 1972 production date. Incredible!!!

Vladimir
I see you are fascinated with those Italien chargers,If it is of interest to you I have one
of those frames,the frame itself has the stamp 950 plus LP and it is loaded with cartridges
C-36 plus the Initials Z G wich stands for Pirotechnica Di Capua Gaetano Zangari
Chief inspector 1936-1938
Sherryl

1 Like

Very nice. LP = La Precisa Carcano charger "LP 35"

I know the 1972 clips exist but I’ve never seen one in person, here my 1971 one;

Many moons ago I made this list of Carcano clips to keep track of what I still needed to look for … lists prevent the buying of duplicates … as long as you remember taking the lists with you. I thought I had it as a modifiable Word document but all I can find is this jpeg. The list was compiled over a period of time with input from as many collectors I could get in touch with, if there wasn’t a picture then there wasn’t an entry on the list … it was accurate when compiled but that was a while ago so others might have turned up in the meantime.

There’s certainly a lot to look for.

Pete

Post Scriptum … whoops, it’s out of date already, I missed the 1972 one !

1 Like

On the topic of Carcano clips who made the unmarked plated steel clip without the windows in the side.

1 Like

Do you know who made the MUG clips?..Pete.

1 Like

This is Peter’s photo

I’m afraid I have no information on the MUG marked clips, I’ve never seen anything, even speculation, about who the manufacturer was. I initially scanned my collection in 2010, at quite a low definition and including the markings only, that’s the image that sksvlad shows above. In 2015 I repeated the whole process taking advantage of a better scanner, more memory storage and using Photoshop to create one image from scans of the side and the base of each clip … this was the result;

As for the bare steel, unmarked clip with no holes in the sidewalls the only information I have on it is this image … I hope Mr White or Mr Azzi won’t object to my including it here. I forget the initial source of the image, a composite of two pages that appear in September 2001, the page numbers were 243 and 244. The only thing I can think of is the Banzai Journal but if anyone knows the true source I’d be interested to be reminded of it.

Here’s the example I have;

Pete

1 Like

Looks like mine. Could the above have been from International Military Rifle Journal another publication that Doss ran?

I believe it was, I’d completely forgotten the Military Rifle Journal … thank you for that.

Pete