20 x 105mm Belted Short Rheinmetall-Solothurn?

I have a hard time figuring out what 20mm stuff is. These two came from Berk Lewis collection and I believe are 20 x 105mm Belted, short Rheinmetall-Solothurn. Can someone tell me who made them, (and for whom if for export), the type of load, and if they contain any HE.
Thanks in advance for any help.
BLACK WITH WHITE BAND 38/1

BROWN WITH WHITE BAND 38/1

1 Like

Basing on the website :
http://www.flak2cm.com/start.php?main_cat=16&sub_cat=151&visitor_level=1&user_id=0&user_name=&session_id=3e8bd5b69417714fa1471437614fb7fa&access=view&exp_sub_cat=151
I would say that these cartridges were made by Polte for Nederlands and they are AP-T

Just replace the word “Solothurn” with “Rheinmetall”.
A common mistake in naming the 20x105B and the 20x138B.

That’s an interesting question, Alex. No argument that Solothurn was just a political fig-leaf for Rheinmetall, but in the 1930s some of the guns designed for this ammunition (e.g. the S18-100 and S18-1000 series anti-tank rifles) were marketed as “Solothurns”. So it’s not surprising that the guns and their ammunition were commonly called Solothurns at that time.

Tony, I remember the discussions on the issue as such and that some people and institutions (other than German) generalized and simplified things.

Still observed today with other calibers.

So why the second cartridge have the solothurn symbol in the headstamp and not the one of rheinmettal?

The Triangle with the S never was positively identified as a Solothurn logo if I remember correctly.
And if so it would not designate the name of the caliber.

Here the Solothurn logo (a derivate of the Rheinmteall logo):