20 x 139 Link for sale or trade

I have a steel link for a 20 x 139 Oerlikon KAD round marked: “20MM F1 D 00 CP”. I would be willing to sell this / trade something for it. I can post photos if you want, just let me know.

Falcon,

Can we have a photo please?

gravelbelly

Here is a photo of the link:
The cartridge goes in with the case head facing the right hand side of the picture. This link is marked: “20MM F1 D 00 CP”. The rounds in their links are shown here:
NOTE: I am only offering one link (shown in top picture) without case for sale or trade, as this was on the end of this five round belt without a case in it.

@Falcon

you are sure this is a 20x139 belt link for the KAD? Looks like the M12 link for the M39 Aircraft gun caliber 20x102.
Look the TM-43-0001-27.

I’m sure this is not a 20 x 102 link - I have a 20 x 102 case and it is far too fat to fit in the link. The markings also partially match the cases. This also came from a belt of around 100 cases at a militaria fair, the seller told me: “If you cant get some off the end, you can have them”, which I did. :-)). Just happens that there was this extra link without a case.

[quote=“Rob”]@Falcon

you are sure this is a 20x139 belt link for the KAD? Looks like the M12 link for the M39 Aircraft gun caliber 20x102.
Look the TM-43-0001-27.[/quote]

Rob and Falcon,

The French made a link type 24K for the 20M693 gun in 20x139mm calibre. This link looks exactly like the M12 link for 20x102mm but is dimensioned to fit the 20x139 cartridge. Later a few of the 24K links were modified for use in French experiments using a necked-down 20x110mm Hispano HS404 case to produce a 12.7x110mm High Velocity cartridge. These links were now re-dimensioned to suit this new cartridge case but retained the 24K markings. So, all is not always what it seems at first glance. I don’t know who made these cases or links but believe that they could indeed be for a 20x139mm gun of some type.

gravelbelly

These, I think, are probably the right cases for the links, as no-one would have sat and assembled a 100 link belt of the wrong links for the cases. The seller didn’t know what they were when I asked him. Being not British-made, they are not really in my field, but when I got them for nothing (as with any round) I didn’t complain. I still want to know, mainly, who made the cases, as I need this for my records.

Hello falcon,

It’s just a guess on my part but the F1 sounds like a model number, possibly South African?

gravelbelly