2012 SLICS Seminar Presenters & TSA at SLICS

We are in for another interesting night of presentations!

Please join us on Thursday evening in the penthouse ballroom.

Once again, Nathan Chapman from the TSA (St. Louis Airport) will be in attendance at SLICS on both the first and last day of the show. Our thanks to Jeff Osborne for making the arrangements.

I have suggested several times over the years that you folks RECORD these on tape and offer them out for sale. I suggest it here again. Maybe the IAA could use some money ?

I am never going there but have heard of several of these seminars which I would buy on DVD.

Capturing the presentations on video would be great.

However, distribution by sale on DVDs is probalby more hassle then the profits would justify.

Recommend YOUTUBE with free access to everyone. That may reach a new audience of potential collectors, and thus potential IAA members.

I have been checking into bringing some video equipment with me. I was planning on putting some footage on YouTube (and on the upcoming redesigned website) for you all. I will check into seeing what we should do about recording the seminars.

Before selling the recordings or putting them on Youtube, you might want to check with the presenters. I believe they still retain all the rights to their presentations.

[quote=“JohnS”]Capturing the presentations on video would be great.

However, distribution by sale on DVDs is probalby more hassle then the profits would justify.

Recommend YOUTUBE with free access to everyone. That may reach a new audience of potential collectors, and thus potential IAA members.[/quote]

I don’t see any money in - coming here except some possible members. I think putting this stuff on YOUTUBE or any other public access is an open invitation to trouble for the worldwide gun haters.

I am talking about making the information available to people who are interested. at a reasonable price. This preserves the information and generates income as well. The details are easy to work out , presenters sign a release of copyright to the IAA. The hardest part of all of this is the SOUND. Images are easy with modern video but the sound is not. My 25 VIDEO auctions were taped and edited by me and I was surprised at how much attention was needed to be paid to the sound. These subjects are detail heavy and they need to be heard clearly to be of any use. Even with a closed studio it is difficult to avoid ambient sound overriding the sound of the presentation.

In the venue which you have there will be lots of coughing , sneezes , chairs moving , coming and going AND enviornmental sounds interior and exterior. At least 2 cameras should be used and as close as possible to the presenter.

The desk top editing programs are fairly simple today and some cameras have editing programs built in.

I manufacture and sell CD and DVD products everyday. Give me a finished DVD and I can make, sell and distribute the same within HOURS of receipt. They are easy to make and sell. The profit potential is well worth the effort.

This is not a solicitation for business on my part. I have all I want to do already. However, I will be happy to consult with anyone who would be interested in doing this project and I would be a buyer of the finshed product either 1 copy at retail or multiple copies at wholesale for resale in my various e-stores worldwide.

We all fly very much under the KOOK radar but it is growing fast. Showing up on their screens is a big mistake. Why give away what you can sell ? Santa ? Put me on your Christmas list. I like expensive stuff.

I highly doubt anyone would go for selling the presentations the presenters gave for free. Also, there is much more value to giving them free to members in the proposed members-only section of the new IAA site, rather than value from selling them to a few people.

I think the more information that can be given away the better.