20x110 Hispano "H 1942 20mm"

I think it is made by Winchester (my mistake, it is British Hall’s Telephone Co.) . I don’t see this headstamp a lot. The projectile wobbles but does not come out. Is it the original projectile?

I believe that is Hall`s Telephone Co.South Wales U.K.

1 Like

IAA reference says that Hall’s Telephone Co has a headstamp “BD”.

From British 20mm Hispano Ammunition - Labbett & Mead (1986):

2 Likes

OK. IAA reference is wrong?

Unsure - some manufacturers have used different HS codes depending on the year and/or factory number etc.

The IAA reference is not complete but it would be a large undertaking to update it, which has been discussed here previously.

1 Like

I have not seen the BD code on a 20mm Hispano. I welcome a photo.

I have two headstamps: I always listed them as Hall’s Telephone Co.
H 1942 20MM (same as shown)
H 1943 20M/M (with a slash separating the MM)
Both have the red and yellow body for HEI so your projectile would be original.

1 Like

Yellow?..should be red over mid buff on English Hispano during this time period

Yes it is correctly called buff. Still a shade of yellow and I see you now call it mid buff?
Do I call it dark buff when it ages a bit. No argument from me. Ron.

Most definitely not a shade of yellow at all, the nearest it could be compared with is that most horrendous colour on the planet called beige…I do not ‘now call it mid buff’, it is the correct English military decription for it.
Yellow was not used to denote HE until much later on English ammunition.

Here is a 20mm Hispano Suiza.BMARC,stands for British Manufacturing& Research.Co
Grantham UK. This is a Ball round.
Sherryl

1 Like

An additional nugget of information: BMARC was established by Hispano-Suiza as their British subsidiary, specifically for making the Hispano cannon (HS 404) after this had been selected by the RAF.

The companies who were subsequently involved in developing and making the RAF guns, ammo feeds and ammo is a long and complicated story…

1 Like