20x139 "20mm D 00 VM" Headstamp questions

Here is a scan of the 20x139 Headstamp I have so far had absolutely no luck identifying.

In case you have difficulty seeing it (it was an awkward round to scan, as it is painted black). The case headstamp says : “20mm D 00 VM” and the primer says “DM 64 343 D01”

The case looks pretty tatty in the scan. When I got it it looked like that. I presume the marks came from the gun, as I have four more of these cases and they all have the same marks on the head.

The general opinion is that this is possibly South African. If anyone has any more info, I would be grateful. Where do I go next to try and identify it if no-one on the forum can answer my questions?

I was just Googling around and found this link:

quarry.nildram.co.uk/MilRel.htm

Is group 6 of any use? (There’s a nice black one there)

[quote=“Odd Job”]I was just Googling around and found this link:

quarry.nildram.co.uk/MilRel.htm

Is group 6 of any use? (There’s a nice black one there)[/quote]

The one on Tony Williams site is a South African round and Falcon’s case also looks like one.

If you want the photo field around the headstamp to be white, put a lot of light in the room and keep the scanner lid open.

I cannot change the amount of light in the room as I did it on a scanner in school. I went in before lessons had started when there was no-one else there. Tony Williams told me in another thread that his round is South African.

According to Woodin lab. This case is South African manufacture. Looks like a German primer to me.

I messed around with the pic and turned it into a negative to try and bring up the markings.

Falcon,

The percussion primer “Deutsch Model (DM) 64 Lot 343 D 2001” is possibly made by the German Company “Diehl Munitionssysteme GmbH.” Mariah

@ CSAEOD - Do Woodin Lab have any idea of the exact factory that made the case.

@NZ L1A1 Collector - I also tried making it into a negative, but it didn’t seem to come up very well. I used the tattiest of the 5 cases to take into school to scan in case some busybody teacher confiscated it.

@Rob De Heer - I thought the primer markings looked German.

[quote=“Rob de Heer”]Falcon,

The percussion primer “Deutsch Model (DM) 64 Lot 343 D 2001” is possibly made by the German Company “Diehl Munitionssysteme GmbH.” Mariah

[quote=“Falcon”]@ CSAEOD - Do Woodin Lab have any idea of the exact factory that made the case.

@NZ L1A1 Collector - I also tried making it into a negative, but it didn’t seem to come up very well. I used the tattiest of the 5 cases to take into school to scan in case some busybody teacher confiscated it.

@Rob De Heer - I thought the primer markings looked German.[/quote]

Woodin lab did not mention the company just the country.

Thanks anyway. I suppose “D” Could possibly be Denel. Maybe I could try contacting them.