20x142mm Type 98 Japanese WWII help needed

These measure about 20x145mm rimless. What are they? Also, the seller had them glued to a piece of wood. How do I remove this glue with minimal damage?

Is the glue hard or soft? Can you show some pics of the glue???

I think they are 20x142mm Type 98 AA ammo but I still don’t know which type the projectiles are. The glue is hard.

Vlad, these are loaded with HE-T/SD projectiles.

Regarding the glue, did you tried acetone? Fingernail polish remover usually works but it may take several hours if the glue/varnish is very thick.

Thanks for projectile ID. Would heating these gently do anything to the glue?

sksvlad

MY RULE No. 1 NEVER USE HEAT WORKING ON CARTRIDGES.
MY RULE No. 2 IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT USING HEAT, REFER TO RULE No. 1
ANY HEAVY DUTY VARNISH REMOVER WILL NORMALLY CLEAN UP (REMOVE) MOST HARD GLUES. HOT WATER WILL NORMALLY TAKE CARE OF SOFT GLUES. I’D ALSO TAKE THE TIME AND EFFORT TO MAKE SURE THAT THE PROJECTILES HAVE BEEN INERTED BEFORE I GOT INTO ANY WORK WITH THIS TYPE OF AMMUNITION.

When removing glue, if all else fails then try “Quick-N-Easy” from Auto-Tech:
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/AT-13032/Quick-N-Easy-Adhesive-Remover-32Oz-Spray-Bottle

I have removed hard glue in the past by sharply tapping it with a brass rod. It is impotant to use brass and not steel as not to mark the cartridge. Also, try to use the side of the rod and not the end for the same reason. If you are lucky, the glue will chip off in pieces. Be careful with this method as some types of brass are harder than others. If that doesn’t work, soaking it overnight in automotive paint thinner will sometimes soften it.