22-3000 g&h

Here are two ctges with the 22-3000 G&H hstp
the one on the left is a regular one
the one on the right has been necked down to 4.35 and the case length is : 41.55 mm

What is the name of this ctge ?
Thanks
JP

JP

The one on the left is the R-2 Lovell, a wildcat of a wildcat of a wildcat. Winchester made the brass for G&H when the supply of original 25-20 SS cases ran out.

On the right is the 17 Landis Woodsman, another wildcat of a wildcat of a wildcat.

You are showing us some very good wildcat cartridges on this and other threads. Where are you getting them??

Ray

[quote=“Ray Meketa”]Where are you getting them??
Ray[/quote]
Hi Ray,
I used to travel a lot in the States and visit all the gunsmiths I could in each city.
For example I visited the guy in Flagstaff as I told you, another one in California making big big rounds for revolver (I have to find my notes to get the name), and in Prescott I visited a gunsmith making very beautifull rifles for export (I don’t remember the name again) and making special ammo for its guns (some of its ammo have his name some not). You must surely know him.
Furthermore I have visited almost all the silencers manufacturers in USA and sometimes they have funny ammo (like 46 American, 6 mm Hazitt or 58 White for example).
Now I am not anymore colecting all this staff, and getting old I don’t even remember what it is !!
JP

[quote=“Ray Meketa”]JP

The one on the left is the R-2 Lovell, a wildcat of a wildcat of a wildcat. Winchester made the brass for G&H when the supply of original 25-20 SS cases ran out.

Ray[/quote]
Hi Ray,
why don’t you call that 22-3000 instead of R-2 Lovell ?
jp

[quote=“jean-pierre”][quote=“Ray Meketa”]JP

Ray[/quote]
Hi Ray,
why don’t you call that 22-3000 instead of R-2 Lovell ?
jp[/quote]

JP

The 22-3000 Lovell is a wildcat made by necking down the 25-20 Single Shot case. It has a very gentle shoulder angle (5 degrees). The R-2 is an improved version. It was the most popular. I have about 10 different versions of the 22-3000. I will be gone from home for a few days but when I return I’ll post a photo of them if you are interested.

Ray