.22 Hornet subsonic survival rifle ctg info?

Topic wandered & 144 views with no confirmation of US procurement of cartridge type of interest. I’m calling this a non-starter and scrubbing what I can off of the board.

Anselmo

Concerning the assasination of President K. From the internet photos I have seen on the internet regarding skull damage. No way was it a .22 Hornet. Downloaded or otherwise. I have seen dozens of head shot foxes with .22 varients.

For the record, it doesn’t look like what you would expect from a 6.5mm FMJ bullet either but its outside the remit of this forum to go there. Besides what would be achieved?

Author deleted reply to improve board topic focus.

I’m not sure what the original question was, since it’s been deleted, I guess.

But, during WWII the Ordnance Department developed a 22 RF cartridge for use in the USAAF survival kits and for use in silenced semi-auto pistols. It was designated the M24. Maybe that is the cartridge you are thinking of???

Ray

Hi Ray
I’m glad you were able to come up with that. By bringing a Hornet down to subsonic they put in the .22LR zone which means there is a considerable and unnecessary bulk/weight disadvantage for a survival round.