22 LR:unknown maker

Could someone give me some info about the maker of this case?
I know that it is a special cartridge made for russian shooters but I have no idea about the maker who made it
PS:is it rare?

Hello
It’s probably a fabrication of Federal -USA

[quote=“Pivi”]Could someone give me some info about the maker of this case?
I know that it is a special cartridge made for russian shooters but I have no idea about the maker who made it
PS:is it rare?

[/quote]
Pivi, not sure of the manufacturer but, the brand is VOSTOK ( Russian ) M. Rea

The only thing I know about this cartridge is that it isn’t very old.I have found several of these cases in a can at my shooting range about 3 years ago and it seem that they had been just fired in that period.
Note:in that shooting range take place the world 22 BR championships too,so a lot of foreign shooters usually shoot there

I think your cases are Russian
I have cases in 25 and 27 RF with the same depression in the center and they are Russian ctges.
JP

Yes, this case is Russian. I think it came in a Vostok" box.
It is uncommon, but not rare.

Pivi–It is not particularly new. I have had it in my collection since about 1985. I think it was used about 1980, perhaps for the Olympics, but I am not sure of that.

Sent Pivi a scan of my Russian 22 boxes. Have two boxes both with green TEMP labels. Steel cases but different lot numbers one has V headstamp the other the dimple. Several other of my Target boxes are sealed and are not magnetic so can’t say if they have brass dimple cases or not. Supposedly Russia developed the dimple to direct the primer flame more to the center of the powder for better ignition of their target cartridges. Federal also used this on their Gold Metal Target rounds. Have never seen any proof it gave better accuracy than other quality control methods.

Gourd

Ok,thank you all for the info

Pivi