.22 Nato - any info on it?

I found a list that has the details for a .22 Nato cartridge with the following specs:
.22 Nato Rifle Standard Rimless, Bottlenecked, Bullet dia: 0.224; Case Length: 2.033; Rim diameter: 0.47 Large Rifle Primer
I can’t find any other info about it. Is this a Wildcat? Was it an experimental military cartridge? A .22 caliber with a large rifle primer is unusual.
Thanks!
Joel

Joel, there was also an .18, a .25 and a .27 NATO in the tests

Pardon my ignorance:
Pete - would these be the same rounds as what I have marked down as .18, .22, .25 and .27 Homologous?

I have the .25 and .27 in my collection (hs “WCC 53” on both).

Ole

So are these all based on the .30-06 case necked down?
Joel

Or are they all based on the .308 (7.62x51 Nato)? Any idea who did the original ones- a wildcatter or was it a government project?
Joel

Ole yes the boxes are marked homologous, but the cartridges proper name was ie: Cal. .22 Simplex. And they were part of Project SALVO. Both the Cal. .30 Service case (.30-06) and the Cal. .30 Light Rifle were used. The .18 is uncommon and the .22, .25 & .30 are also known with multiple bullet loads.

Joel the the .308 was a Winchester development, and the .Cal. .30 Light Rifle (47mm CL) was a government development with the first Govt. cases being made using modified .300 Savage brass.

For more see HWS Vol III which is for sale from Mel Carpenter.

Thank you Pete.

Ole