223 Blank Or Short Range Question

Hi Fella’s,

I've got another one.  Wish i knew how to post a picture.  My 223 round is headstamed FC at 12 o'clock,  89 at 6 o'clock, and a small letter b at 3 o'clock.

The case is white opake plastic.  The head is non magnetic and apears to  be a shinie metal.  The bullet looks like it was molded in to halves and put together to form an oddly shaped triangle point.  I also wonder what the b at 3 o'clock stands for?

Thanks in Advance,   joe

Joe

Just a SWAG but, Norwegian “Duckbill” Blank? If it is a “b” instead of a number it may mean “blank”? Base is aluminum, I think?

Ray

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your replay. It does look sorta like a duck bill from the side. That b could be a number 5 or 6. Do your think somebody in Norway made this round using FC cases? Take Care, jor

From Ron Fuch’s 5.56 listing, 2012: Headstamp “ FC b 89 “, manufactured for Federal by Bakelittfabrikken of Norway, July 1989, one lot of 5000 rounds. Aluminum case head, white plastic case. Box label:
20 CARTRIDGES
5.56 BANK
LOT FC89L001S001
1305-01-274-0215-A-080

Joeinco1,

If you want a tutorial on how to post pictures on the forum, send me your email address using the PM here on the forum and I will send it to you.

Brian