.22l.r. for ID

I been sent this image which is a bit small but I hope somebody can provide some ID.
The cartridges are declared as dummies and have a copper plated projectile, OAL is 25mm and the cases have no hs.
The “Rdf” looks a bit like it is from 1921-1945.

EOD, I think I can read;

Reinsdorf 22e Lieferung von B = 1930

Rgds
Dutch

Are we barking up the wrong tree?

“Rdf” could simply mean “Randfeuer”, not our well known Reinsdorf. So we could have:

Exerzierpatronen (dummy cartridges)
Randfeuer 22 lang für Büchsen (rimfire 22 long rifle)
Imitiert (imitated)

“lang für Büchsen” (usually l.f.B) was the the German designation for this cartridge.
The “Imitiert” very much disturbes me. “Exerzierpatrone” already says this is not the real thing, so why this addition?

I did not doubt the “22 lang für Büchsen” but was uncertain about the “Rdf.”.
The whole thing is unusual in it’s appearance.

[quote=“JPeelen”]Are we barking up the wrong tree?

“Rdf” could simply mean “Randfeuer”, not our well known Reinsdorf. So we could have:

Exerzierpatronen (dummy cartridges)
Randfeuer 22 lang für Büchsen (rimfire 22 long rifle)
Imitiert (imitated)

“lang für Büchsen” (usually l.f.B) was the the German designation for this cartridge.
The “Imitiert” very much disturbes me. “Exerzierpatrone” already says this is not the real thing, so why this addition?[/quote]

Yes, you arre right.

Rgds
Dutch

Alex, from your description I think that this is a solid brass dummy that I’ve seen before and that also exist as a solid steel variation, and that may explain why the term “Imitiert” was used in combination with “Exerzierpatrone”. I don’t know who made them.

Fede, I asked back and have been told that the cases are regular .22 brass cases.
Also the box came with the accompanying info “Ulmer Waffenfabrik” (well, and nothing else but that). So as the city of Ulm came into relation with small arms only after 1945 with Walther I wonder now if these were just dummies to be used in the factory for testing weapons. As such dummies would have only a short life time I assume the factory may have had to order these separately as the regular market could not supply these.
Dummies made of real components - not just dummies made of substitute materials as real components may feed slightly different, this may not be important in normal weapons which are working and which are on the market for years but maybe in development or when fine tuning of the feeding process is being checked.

As Forensic has pointed out to me the wording “Imitiert” sounds a bit antiquated in German (I wondered but did not pay attention) and would fit more to Austrian German or Swiss German but here we have no hard proof.
Maybe some of our Austrian or Swiss members may review what they know about.
So it may be that these dummies were supplied by Switzerland (unlikely due to the expected price?) or even likelier by Austria (and as the choice is little - Hirtenberger).

Just my thoughts.