25 acp

Hello

Just a quick question.

Is 25 ACP ammunition worthy of collection?

Regards

Titan

Titan;

Yes.

Thank you

There’s plenty of variation and around 100 years of history to them, so yes, a collection can be assembled. Many, many box variations of course, and 2 “armor piercing” loads :-) …according to the U.S. BATFE anyway.

Very interesting area. I use to accumulate them myself once upon a time.

The nice thing is that there are some supper headstamps, but the headstamps are hard to read, particularly for some old guys like me so there are treasures out there others overlook. Some variation in loads but most of the interest will be in headstamps. The other good thing is that they are mostly inexpensive.

Good luck!!!

Lew

[quote=“Lew”]Very interesting area. I use to accumulate them myself once upon a time.

The nice thing is that there are some supper headstamps, but the headstamps are hard to read, particularly for some old guys like me so there are treasures out there others overlook. Some variation in loads but most of the interest will be in headstamps. The other good thing is that they are mostly inexpensive.

Good luck!!!

Lew[/quote]

Hello Lew

Thanks for the encouragement!

Regards…

…Titan

I think there is a lot of “social history” in the .25ACP because of the sort of pistols they were made for and the people who bought them.

If you live in a part of the world where its still possible to do so you can collect the pistols as well inexpensively and make it complete.

Titan

Check out the web site of John S, our webmaster. He’s added three nice boxes of 25 ACP for a mere $25. Can’t go wrong there. A link to his site is on the Home Page.

oldguns.net/catammo.htm

Ray