250 Soryser

My friend’s Dad just passed away and one of his guns is said to be chambered in 250 Soryser. We have been unable to find any information on the cartridge so I thought I would check here to see if anyone has any information on this cartridge. There is some stuff with the gun leads him to think the cartridge is likely a .308 Win. necked to 25 caliber but there was no additional information with the gun or the equipment. Next drill is to cast the chamber when we have time.

thanks in advance.

[quote=“GunLabGuy”]My friend’s Dad just passed away and one of his guns is said to be chambered in 250 Soryser. We have been unable to find any information on the cartridge so I thought I would check here to see if anyone has any information on this cartridge. There is some stuff with the gun leads him to think the cartridge is likely a .308 Win. necked to 25 caliber but there was no additional information with the gun or the equipment. Next drill is to cast the chamber when we have time.

thanks in advance.[/quote]

You sure it isn’t 250 Savage ?
Best,
Dave Call, A Call to Ams, LLC at www.ammo-one.com

No I can’t be sure of that at this point. He didn’t indicate if there were any prepped brass or not. From his email, I inferred that all he had was some piece of paper with this info written on it. I will check and advise.

thanks

I’ve run a search on the ECRA data viewer (there are over 9000 calibres) and there is no Soryser round listed.

Hey Gunlabguy

Even if you get an answer you will still have to confirm it. The only positive way is to make a chamber cast. That will give you the dimensions which could help to ID it but there’s no guarantee of ever coming up with a name.

FYI, the 308W necked to 25 cal is the 25 Souper. The same cartridge using a cut-down 30-06 case is the 25 L&W Super.

Ray

Thanks for the help. First stop is to cast the chamber and the next is to look at whatever was written on the paper. When I look at 25 Souper, I could see the possibility of a quickly/poorly written scrawl possibly being interpeted as Soryser.

I had considered that about the poorly written scrawl.