25acp ARMOR PIERCING

I am looking for any info on these 25acp AP rounds.Brass bullet with a brass core.

I was told they were loaded by fxlabs and were for pen gun use only.

Their oal is to long for any standard type pistol,unless hand fed as first shot only.

I was at a test and they really worked well.Core punched a hole and then jacket peels back to a small mushroom.

This piece of spectra stopped a ktw 32 acp,geco steel core 32acp,38spl ball,tubular 38spl pmc,nga 38spl,and many others.The only round to punch it was a +p metal piercing 38spl and these 25acp rounds.

I was impressed for a 25acp.

Interesting; the profile of the lower half of the bullet looks VERY similar to something put out by Personal Protection Systems, (the MPP, or Maximum Pocket Pistol) which was a solid brass truncated-cone hollowpoint (intended for “headshots only”, or so the marketing spiel went). Have you got any pictures of the recovered bullets?

This ARE in my opinion old MMP-rounds, which someone added a tip-insert to. The rounded edges at the end of the first part indicate this.
But what is wondering me, why the TRAUMA plate has all that holes? The Traumaplate is usually behind the body armour and just helps, to avoid wounds from the incoming force on the body-armour layer in front of it and thereforth cannot get the holes first :-))

Second, there is no (at least to me) known Geco 7,65 (.32ACP) with a steel CORE. There are some, with a steel jacket, but steel core??
I have most of the factory records…and there is none, who points to a steel core. The only ammo from Europe who has a MILD IRON core (by far not armour-piercing) is the one produced by czech firm of S&B during the late 70thies, to save on lead material. That was given up, as many european countries where against any other material -as lead- in a pistol-bullet; the same as in the US.
Now, here -in Germany-, since 2003 an AP-Bullet by law is only a bullet, with a core hardness, or its entire Hardness of more than 400HB (2,5). All of the mild steel cores known and tested are BELOW that. A lead core (or bullet) is in the range of 20-25HB, just for comparision.

Forensic

I could be wrong on the brand ""geco steel core…but their was a few 32acp steel core rounds tested.

Tramua plate fits in the front in a special pocket.

Thanks for info.

Like Forensic, I can’t think of any steel-core 32s (7.65 Brownings). Many people think of steel cores when they put a magnet to a projectile and find it is magnetic. In .32 auto, this is normally a result of a steel jacket, not a steel core. The only way I know of off hand to confirm core material in a projectile with GMCS or CNCS FMJ bullet jacket is to pull the bullet and put the very corner of a small magnet to the the exposed core.

If the bullet is drawing a magnet but it is suspected that the jacket is NOT steel, you can put the corner of a very weak magnet at the very tip of the bullet and it usually (note that I said “usually”) will not draw on a non-magnetic jacket. If you use a strong magnet and the core is steel, it will jump right to the magnet when held to the tip (or anywhere else on the bullet).

This is one reason why it is helpful to have a selection of magnets of different power, about in your cartridge room.

I suspect that the .32 used in the test described was a steel-jacketed bullet with a lead core, mistaken to be a steel-cored bullet.

If anyone knows for sure about any steel-core .32, let me know. If I have a dupe, I will rip one apart. In the absence of a dupe, I will test one every way I know how to try and confirm if the core is steel. I have a fairly large selection of .32 auto rounds in my collection.

[quote=“cobb”]
Tramua plate fits in the front in a special pocket.

Thanks for info.[/quote]

Than, it is a new way, of wearing a bullet proof vest…:-))
Usually the pockets in front of the “main” body armour vests are, to put ceramic plates or Titaniumplates/reinforcements into it…to get greater protection against an higher velocity or special bullets…
As the name says, the Trauma-plate should avoid or at least reduce any Trauma showing up, from catching a bullet on the main vest. For that reason, it is always BEHIND the armour… on your body (side). Otherwise it will not help at all…

Look into the testing sites from all firms producing body armour…

GF
Forensic

I have a pic of a xray where a guy was shot in the ankle with what I was told was a 32acp steel core.I will try to find the pics.

See the pocket on the FRONT TRD goes in that pocket.

[quote=“cobb”]I have a pic of a xray where a guy was shot in the ankle with what I was told was a 32acp steel core.I will try to find the pics.
[/quote]

You mean that case in England, with the iron core -again: it is NOT a Steel!! core- with that for the poster “odd shaped” core situated near the ankle bone??

It is a 7,62 Tokarev core; also not made of steel, but week iron material.
There are only a few calibers, with a real STEEL core or bullet tip.
This is mixed up, from very many persons, maybe not involved with forensic science…
Weak iron cores are used to save lead (producing a slightly higher penetration/but thats not the intention of it, only a by-effect). Steel cores act allways as Penetrators…

Forensic