267 Remington RF

I’d like to help a friend with some background on the 267 Remington RF cartridge.

Can anyone give me a brief background on the cartridge? What were the steel cased variations? Was there a FMJ bullet? Stuff like that.

Ray

[quote=“Ray Meketa”]I’d like to help a friend with some background on the 267 Remington RF cartridge.

Can anyone give me a brief background on the cartridge? What were the steel cased variations? Was there a FMJ bullet? Stuff like that.

Ray[/quote]
Hi Ray, the .267 is based on the .25 Stevens case and, was being experimented with just prior to WW2. The war ended further development. There are at least 28 to 30 variations of the .267 ranging from dummies,proof loadings to loaded rounds. The steel were experimental and are very scarce. No fmj rounds were made as far as I know.
Hope this helps you out. M. Rea

M

Exactly what I wanted. I’ll pass this on to him. And I thank you.

Ray

Ray–I wrote an article for the IAA Journal in issue 287 page 12 on the history and variations of the .267 Remington. Also issues 272, page 22 and 445 page 59 have information on the .267 remington.

Ron

The JOURNAL Index was the first place I looked but, unfortunately, i don’t have issues back that far. maybe some day all back issues will be made available to members. hint, hint, :) :).

I missed the reference to #445 so I’ll get that one out and read it.

Thanks

ray

Ray, all back issues of the IAA Cartridge Trader, now the Journal, except for the immediately preceding five years, are available to IAA members on CD. This was discussed on the old site, but right at the end there. I believe these are now available for sale (?).

I’ll ask the folks responsible to provide the details. This information may be in The Journal ?

The bottom line, however, is that you will have your wish soon if it isn’t available today.

Check page 29 of the January/Febuary issue of the Journal for all ordering information and options. And a MAJOR THANKS to the folks who put that together!

Ray–I could not find my original 267 Rem. history article from about 1986, but I did find the checklist of known types that were part of the article. Click on the image to enlarge it.

Ron

Thanks for that great info. And here I always thought that a 267 Remington RF was just another, albeit expensive, rimfire.

ray

All the info needed to order the digital versions of the IAA Journals is posted in an “Announcement” at the top of the forum listing; Quoted below for your convenience:
IAA Journal Archives (digital copies) availableThe complete set of IAA Journals from 1955 through 2000 are now available as searchable digital .pdf files! The IAA Journal Archive sets will only be sold to IAA members.

All 416 Journal issues (from IAA and its predecessor organizations), along with all ten IAA