.280 British Tidbit

I found the following reference in another US Army report. Could the EM-2 and the .280 British cartridge seen combat in the Malayan Emergency?

"The Performance of Small Arms Weapons, Including the . 280
(7 mm) Rifle, Used in the Machine Carbine Role in Malaya, "
Operational Research Unit Far East, Report No. 1/53, Mar

I searched the online DTIC database and couldn’t find it there. It might be worth it to burrow through the National Archives for this one.

Thank you very much for the heads up - I am most interested in the .280 cartridges, as are several other members on this board. I just went to the national archives website and they do list it in a search I did - ordered an jpeg copy so we shall see in 24 hours what we get!

Wonderful! I am also anxious to see what it says.

While we’re on the topic of .280 British ammunition, DTIC and NTIS have the following reports from 1950 available. .30 Light Rifle (7.62mm NATO) collectors will also be interested.

A Comparison Test of United Kingdom and United States Ammunition for Lightweight Weapons. Volume I

A Comparison Test of United Kingdom and United States Ammunition for Lightweight Weapons. Volume 2

A Comparison Test of United Kingdom and United States Lightweight Rifles (Downloadable .pdf)

ROUND-ROBIN COMPARISON TEST ON LIGHT RIFLE CARTRIDGES (I’m not absolutely certain that this one covers the .280 British, but given its date, it might.)