30-06 Dummy

I look for information about this dummy but didn’ t find anything.
This dummy ( No headstamp) is exactly the same in construction and material as the German 7,92x57 SK dummy.
Any information is appreciated.

451kr.

30-06 dummy rounds possibly WWII era German

Hello, this is a Danish made dummy and also exist in black colour.

The Danish desigation is “M/60 Eksercerpatron”.

I might add to EOD’s absolutely correct response that aside from dimensions, these rounds are pretty much “carbon copies” or the late WWII German Plastic Exerzierpatronen (Practce, or dummy, cartridges) in 7.9 x 57 Mauser caliber. The black dummy rounds came first, and then the color was changed to red.

The Germans made this in many calibers, including 9 mm Parabellum (9 mm 08 in German military parlance), 7.9 x 33 mm Kurzpatrone, 7.9 x 57 mm, 7.92 Panzerbusch, and some calibers even larger. The DDR (East Germany made the black dummies in many calibers as well, including 7.65 mm Browning, 9 x 18 mm Makarov, 9 mm Parabellum, 7.9 x 57 mm Mauser (I think they made a red one in that caliber, also, but it is rare), 7.9 x 33 mm Kurzpatrone, 7.62 x 39 mm, 7.62 X 54R,
14.5 mm Russian MG, and some other calibers even bigger. The bullet shape is somewhat different from the WWII German ones on those from the DDR of the same calibers as the WWII ones, though, whereas the Danish ones have a “bullet ogive” pretty similar to the WWII German rounds.

Interesting cartridges. You don’t see photos of the Sanish .30-06 versions often. Thanks for posting them. You could almost make a collection out of these plastic dummy rounds with metal bases! There were others besides those mentioned above.

John, the actual answer came from Fede.

The Wehrmacht also used 13x94 Übungslauf, 20x120 Madsen, 20x138B Rheinmetall, 25x194 Hotchkiss and 28x188R sPzB 41. Maybe even more.

The GDR also made 12.7x108 (also one of orange-reddish plastic) and 23x152B in this way. There namely “VEB Dr. Erani” which was the “H. Römmler AG” before and used the Wehrmacht code “ehe”. This company was one of the market leaders before 1945 for certain plastic types which for example made the kitchen outfit of the “Hindenburg” zeppelin.

EOD - thanks for the added information, especially on the former name of the VEB Dr. Erani organization. Useful for the Mak study, as it fleshes it out a little bit to know the earlier history
of the company.

There is also a red plastic .303 round which I believe to be Danish. I will post a picture later.

Regards
Tonye

Thanks a lot for the info.

451kr.

Tony, I think you are describing a Dutch dummy made by VCI.

[quote=“TonyE”]There is also a red plastic .303 round which I believe to be Danish. I will post a picture later.

Regards
Tonye[/quote]Very interesting, looking forward to pictures :-)
Soren

We had that .303 dummy here recently no?

Here it is:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12654&hilit=303+dutch

Oops! I had forgotten all about that post.

Thanks again,

Cheers
tonyE