30 Nato AP

Hstp : Super Speed 308 Winchester.

Is it just a commercial loading or has it been a military trial ?
What is the value ?

Thanks
JP

I’m not sure for certain, by the old LeClair catalogue listed a Multi Ball round which seems to match you pic and the headstamp.

The details are:-
Multi-Ball
USA
RICA (SSB): sharp-ptd steel
ON pr
H/S: SUPER SPEED 308 WIN
(Their price) USD$50.00

I think this is what you might have.

Correct. It’s the 7.62 NATO caliber variant of the Salvo Squeezebore family.

Thanks !
Is it scarce ?
JP

$50 range.

Are you sure that you are a SHOTSHELL collector ?

[quote=“CSAEOD”]$50 range.

Are you sure that you are a SHOTSHELL collector ?[/quote]

Dear friend (with a very bad character because arguing with everybody but in fact I think you are a very nice person and it is a game for you!)

I told you already I am collecting shotshells now because of two things.

First it is very very hard for me to find new rounds for my regular ctges collection. I am not ready to buy 200 $ or more any ctge missing to me, specially now because I’ve been on unemployement for more than two years(with my background I will never find a new job if I do not move to Paris and I am too old for that). Thus no chance to increase my collection unless I find goodies at the flea market.
Finding nothing new (and with no hope it will change) I started to collect shotshells because they are cheap.

Second, I used to think like you till 2 years ago : shotshells are not interesting.
But I changed my way of thinking because :

1. shotshells have more diversity, tricks and patents than regular ctges.
  2. it is a new field to explore. Only two or three books on them and in most of the cases they just talk about hstps and pictures on the shells !!!
  3. and because of the lack of documentation, I am obliged to act like a detective or physician with hypotheses and so on. It is interesting, funny and good for my brains.

I still have a very good reference collection (one round of each caliber), and now I am sorting some of my experimental rounds to keep the best representative one (not always the scarcest) of each caliber and sell the other variations because I need money to buy shotshells !
(here again after a short time the missing rounds are going more and more expansive !)
JP

JP - I will feature it in next month’s Cartridge of the Month. It is an interesting round.

[quote=“jean-pierre”][quote=“CSAEOD”]$50 range.

Dear friend (with a very bad character because arguing with everybody but in fact I think you are a very nice person and it is a game for you!)

First it is very very hard for me to find new rounds for my regular ctges collection. I am not ready to buy 200 $ or more any ctge missing to me, specially now because I’ve been on unemployement for more than two years(with my background I will never find a new job if I do not move to Paris and I am too old for that). Thus no chance to increase my collection unless I find goodies at the flea market.
Finding nothing new (and with no hope it will change) I started to collect shotshells because they are cheap.

Second, I used to think like you till 2 years ago : shotshells are not interesting.

2. it is a new field to explore. Only two or three books on them and in most of the cases they just talk about hstps and pictures on the shells !!!
  3. and because of the lack of documentation, I am obliged to act like a detective or physician with hypotheses and so on. It is interesting, funny and good for my brains.

I still have a very good reference collection (one round of each caliber), and now I am sorting some of my experimental rounds to keep the best representative one (not always the scarcest) of each caliber and sell the other variations because I need money to buy shotshells !
(here again after a short time the missing rounds are going more and more expansive !)
JP[/quote]

Your personal insults are not information they are prejudice. Try to stick to the “professional and technical” aspect of the forum. I will gladly trade insults with you over regular email.

Collecting rare cartridges is expensive.

Good luck.

PS I never argue with folks who are proven correct. As an American I have the RIGHT to argue against ANYONE’s OPINION.

[quote=“CSAEOD”][quote=“jean-pierre”][quote=“CSAEOD”]$50 range.

JP[/quote]

Your personal insults are not information they are prejudice. Try to stick to the “professional and technical” aspect of the forum. I will gladly trade insults with you over regular email.

Collecting rare cartridges is expensive.

Good luck.

PS I never argue with folks who are proven correct. As an American I have the RIGHT to argue against ANYONE’s OPINION.[/quote]

Where do you see insults ?
I said you are a nice person despite the fact you argue with everybody (and of course it is your right !).
jp

Is “a very bad character” a complement in France ? It is an insult in English. " (with a very bad character because arguing with everybody but in fact I think you are a very nice person and it is a game for you!) ".

You have found me out- I do like collecting ammunition and talking about it. It is a game which I enjoy !

It could be, specially when it is a game.
In any case it is not an insult.
JP

JP[/quote]

Is there any question why we joke about the FRENCH ?

JP[/quote]

Is there any question why we joke about the FRENCH ?[/quote]

???
I do not understand very well the exact meaning of your sentence.
Please reformulate it.
JP