.300 AAC Blackout headstamp list

I have updated the list to show a headstamp for ProGrade. Since Prograde is seemingly defunct now, I presume these cases were only available for a short time in 2013 or early 2014? Other headstamps are shown for PNW Arms, Armscor, Precision Weapons Systems (PWS), and Jamison (JBA).

Here’s the headstamp from Alexander Arms, which is probably the newest .300BLK headstamp on the market. Just a few weeks ago a video was posted to Youtube where Bill Alexander talks about this new caliber for Alexander-Arms and his opinions on the pros & cons of the caliber, as well as his experience with it in the British Military when they were using the .300 Whisper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy82nZGYji4

Some other headstamps I have picked up recently. What is the “B” on the Gorilla primer?:

Matt, as usual, thank you very much for the updates. Prvi Partizan also announced this caliber loaded with FMJ and HP 125 gr bullets as new products for 2015. I haven’t seen the headstamp yet, but you may want to contact their US distributors for information. Try here: ppu-usa.com/ammunition.html

Regards,

Fede

There are also RUAG headstamps but due to their diverse facilities I do not know what hs they are using.

Here some of their flyers where the digitally rendered images are showing a RUAG hs.

ruag.com/de/ammotec/armee-un … downloads/

Alex, you probably didn’t notice this, but you can see the headstamps used by RUAG in some of the previous posts.

Matt, this is the marking used by CCI to identify their #BR4 small rifle primer, or “Ultra-premium primer for Small Rifle Bench Rest competition”.

Regards,

Fede

Fede, thanks for reminding me of my weak brain.
So I’ll add a question instead; is there a .300 Whisper with RUAG hs?

hello
nice to see

lapua
gfl
norma

do you know if lapua offer loaded ammo ?

.300 AAC Blackout, Daniel Defense. Information is as follows- from load tests conducted by NAMMO Talley, Inc. Lapua custom case. Projectile: Scenar –L 220 gr (GB551). 10.6 grs D-02 powder. CCI 41 Primer.

image image

Brian

Thanks much for that Brian. Do you have any more info? Their website shows nothing on ammo, and Google only reveals a blog post from 2013 with some photos from a show where they were announcing their entry into the ammo loading market. .300 BLK is mentioned:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/05/foghorn/new-from-daniel-defense-precision-ammunition/

Was “SSK” already listed?

Matt,

Sorry, no further information.

Brian

I haven’t seen anything in .300 BLK from SSK. They do rifles & AR pistols of course, but I can only find info on .300 Whisper ammo on their site, and they refer to the brass being Hornady.

Of course I do not know who makes the brass but the hs says “SSK 300 WHISPER”.

Ok, thanks. I like keeping track of the .300 Whisper headstamps also, since they are essentially identical. The other Whisper headstamps I know of are Hornady, Cor-Bon, and I believe Black Hills (BHA).

As of 2014, cases for SSK were made by Cor-Bon for them. Unknown who makes in 2015 yet. I got this from the manufacturer.

[quote=“Fede”]Matt, as usual, thank you very much for the updates. Prvi Partizan also announced this caliber loaded with FMJ and HP 125 gr bullets as new products for 2015. I haven’t seen the headstamp yet, but you may want to contact their US distributors for information. Try here: ppu-usa.com/ammunition.html
Regards,
Fede[/quote]
Thanks Fede, I did finally receive a response to an email I sent to PPU, and they confirmed that they will have the .300BLK for 2016. They also listed 6.8 Rem SPC as a new cartridge. They included this catalog page:

It is interesting that in the promo photo for that catalog page, they have horizontally flipped the image of the soldiers with the gun (the ejection port is on the wrong side) and then added the graphics of the ammo, boxes, and data. Probably for spacing reasons as far as how they wanted to lay it out.

List has been updated to include a new Sellier & Bellot headstamp for their 124gr FMJ load.

A company by the name of Modern Arms International of Phoenix, AZ is getting their own headstamp in .300BLK and will soon offer a 240gr subsonic load for retail sale. They also have several interesting looking AP loads in various calibers (for agency sale only).

http://modernarmsinternational.com/

Just received a box of newly released Magtech 123gr FMJ .300BLK from Palmetto State. Also finally got some Nosler loads with their headstamp. Does anyone have any variation on that Nosler headstamp? (they have been loading it for a few years now):

Following up on the seemingly rare and contract-only 300blk loads from Daniel Defense - it was pointed out to me earlier today that they are now offering their product to civilians for retail sale via their website as the “First Choice” ammo line. Their price is relatively high at $50 for 30rds, but they are offering a premium product. I did add some to the cart on the website, and they wanted a $3 signature fee (non-negotiable) and the FedEX shipping was over $18. I started a chat with the website chat help and asked them about a box of 30rds being over $71, and why it is more than 0.80 cents per rd more (shipped) than Remington’s similar 220gr OTFB offering which usually works out to $31 per box of 20rds shipped from the likes of MidwayUSA. He just said it was more premium basically. Price seems prohibitive, even for a premium line. I asked the chat help about the headstamp, and he said it is the same as the one they have had (shown earlier in this thread).

https://danieldefense.com/firearms/ammunition/daniel-defense-ammunition.html