.300 Whisper, .450 Bushmaster, 12 ga dates?

Does any one know when these cartridges were officially introduced? I haven’t been able to track down the dates:

1. .300 Whisper (introduced by JDJ)
  2. .450 Bushmaster
  3. 12 gauge shotgun

Thanks!
Joel

Shades of Gray: .300 Whisper & .300 AAC Blackout

Quote: " The .300 Whisper was developed, documented and trademark-registered in 1992 by J.D. Jones. "

I found this, but no date. You might want to contact Hornady and ask them about the date.

"The 450 Bushmaster DNA goes back to the legendary Col. Jeff Cooper and his disdain for the .223 caliber AR-15 platform. Cooper was convinced of the need to go bigger. He envisioned a cartridge for big game hunting out to 250 yards. That idea inspired Tim LeGendre of LeMag Firearms, LLC to develop the “.45 Professional Cartridge” which would utilize .452 projectiles.

Later, LeGendre licensed the .45 Professional to Bushmaster Firearms International. Bushmaster teamed up with Hornady Ammunition to produce it. Hornady wanted to modify the original concept to incorporate its 250 grain Super Shock Tip (SST) bullet. This forced a compromise to shorten the cartridge case and the Bushmaster 450 was born."

Re: #3, are you askingabout the first firearm with a bore diameter designated “12 gauge” which would have been a muzzle loader, or, are you asking about the first cartridge or breechloading firearm designated “12 gauge”?

Thanks BDgreen.

BadgerJack, for the 12 gauge I want to assign a date for the “cartridge”. When the first modern loading of what we would consider the 12 gauge cartridge with an internal primer was first released.
Thanks,
Joel

The modern 12 bore would probably be the ca. 1861 Daw’s patent, although I’m not sure I know what you mean by “internal” primer. Do you mean inside primed?
Below a photo of a 16 bore Daw (also know in a brown paper hull).

Daws%20hs
On a re-read you might mean the below Needham’s. ca 1850 needle fire?

needham%20hs
Or the Pinfire? Not sure when the 1st “gauge” of those was offered but Eley headstamped one 1861, though I doubt that was the earliest made or offered.

Thanks Pete! I’ll use 1861. Yes, I meant internal primed, ie. not a black powder percusion cap or flint-lock shotgun.
Joel

Pete asked what exactly you meant about “inside primer”, because there is a range of patent ignition cartridges from that era with slightly different / odd priming systems. There are some shells which are “inside-primed” or benet-primed which are not typical centerfire primers. You seem to be indicating that you simply mean standard typical centerfire priming though, such as what modern ammunition other than rimfire is primed with.