.303 Brit charger "mul IV"

I grabbed it at a show hoping for it to be an Australian one. It does not seem to be. There is a listing of “M.U.L” as a Midland Utilities Ltd. which I assume to be British. I assume mine “mul” is the same as “M.U.L” listed. Shall keep on hunting for an Aussie. By the way, how do New Zeeland manufactured chargers look? Never saw a single one.

sksvlad,
I sent the few Australian chargers I had to Enfield56 some time ago. Haven’t heard if they arrived, but if they did he may have a spare.
Cheers
John

1 Like

which one is it you are looking for, I have a spare MO one from Maribynong Ordnance, Footscray Victoria, Australia. I will swap your MUL one if you want the Aussie one.

Rich

After over 9 months without proper internet access and with my computer and hard-drives in storage I’ve finally got things sorted.

Midland Utilities were indeed the maker of the MUL marked chargers, they also made them marked M/175 which was the dispersal code used to hide the true identity of those concerns making military supplies in the UK.

The only New Zealand produced 0,303" chargers that I know of were made by Northern Electric and are marked N.E. which is a bit confusing as there was also a Northern Electric in Canada who used NE as an identifying mark.

Peter

1 Like