.303 FN 52 Tracer

I have an inert .303 ball round headstamped “FN 52” with GM jacketed bullet and green primer annulus. I also have a FN .303 tracer bullet. Does the tracer round also have green primer annulus? I am asking this question because I have access to some more cases with the same headstamp, unstruck primers and green annulus. I was just wondering if green annulus was correct for tracer, as I would make up an inert round from the components.

Falcon - when I had my collection of .303, now completely gone,. I had the following FN tracer types:

F N 52 CNCS red tip bullet, red mouth seal, brass primer with green seal
F N 57 GMCS red tip bullet, red mouth seal, brass primer with purple seal
F N 51 CNCS red tip bullet, red mouth seal, brass primer with purple seal
F N 50 CNCS red tip bullet, red mouth seal, brass primer with red seal
F N * GM bullet with red tip and one knurled cannelure, no mouth seal
brass primer with purple seal

For your case, you probably need a CNCS red tip bullet with the mouth seal still on it. If that’s what you have, sounds like you are in business.

Thanks John. I have the CNCS bullet with red tip and mouth seal. This should make a nice round. The case it is currently in (loose, comes out by hand) has no flattening of the primer from firing, so looks like someone pulled the bullet, removed the trace compund, dumped the powder and snapped the primer. I intend to make an inert round that is authentic as possible with a new unfired case.