30mm T328 AP?

Just picked up (3) 30mm T328 projectiles at gun show and would like to section. Before I do, just checking to make sure that these are just AP. Internet says they are for aerial platform, like helicopters, that were made in the 1950’s. Its 3 1/2 inches long and 1 1/8 wide all black with copper band, written on it:
/*HVM - 15 40 55 30mm T328
Thanks wolfgang

These are ball rounds not AP. They were surplused years ago and are quite common in the market place.

Thanks DrSchmittCSAEOD for the reply, better safe than sorry. Even better that they are ball rounds, looking for the cutting practice. They were in my price range, cheap! wolfgang

Nothing interesting inside those. Good luck !

Wolfgang,

While it is a simple ball projectile, a section will show the features of the nose piece as mounted to the steel body. I look forward to seeing the results of your project!

Dr. Schmitt,

Is the T328 projectile also found on the rather rare 30x135 Reverse Taper round I see at auction?

Here is the 30x126B round with the T328 projectile. Part of the rotary cannon project related to the 30x113B round in current use.

Dave

[quote=“DaveE”]Wolfgang,

While it is a simple ball projectile, a section will show the features of the nose piece as mounted to the steel body. I look forward to seeing the results of your project!

Dr. Schmitt,

Is the T328 projectile also found on the rather rare 30x135 Reverse Taper round I see at auction?

Here is the 30x126B round with the T328 projectile. Part of the rotary cannon project related to the 30x113B round in current use.

Dave[/quote]

Yes.