.310 Cadet Mk 3 Drawing

Somewhere in the mess is the drawing. Sorry, I certainly had a problem isolating it.

Cheers

John

Edit. See drawing further down this post. :)

John,

Posting photos can be more than a bit confusing at first.

Remove the added extra “[i_g]” at the beginning of your photo link and the extra “[/i_g]” at the end of your photo link and the photo should appear here on the Forum (I left out the “m” in the bracketed img’s so the forum doesn’t try to list a photo link). You only need one set of the bracketed “img” & “/img”, you do not need 2 sets of the bracketed “img”. As it is now, you are giving everyone complete access to your saved photo files.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the drawing.

Brian

Or short: just copy the link on the lower row (of the 4 offered) where it says “IMG”.

That was an effort, and I think I’ve won, more ny good luck than good judgement.

John

John, great drawing, thanks a lot for sharing.

Guys,
I have another KYNOCH factory drawing for the Cadet showing a different bullet shape, dated 1924,
Am not able to post pics to this site, so have asked another to try for me, watch this space

Jim Buchanan

Jim,

I guess that is the round nosed lead bullet.

John

John, can you confirm the date of this drawing?

This from Jim Buchanan…

My original drawing was quite dirty and stained, so as you can see I have cleaned it up a bit.

This is a Kynoch factory drawing dated 1924, but it has later handwritten remarks on it.

Jim

Fede:
There is no date on the drawing, however, there are some clues. The Mk.2 CN Round nosed version was last submitted for inspection on 4th June 1929.The Mk3 with pointed bullet was first manufactured in 1929 and submitted to inspection on 21st November 1929, this drawing would have been for that particular lot as evidenced by the larger cap chamber. Note the second line “With Webley Cap Chamber”. The larger cap was only used until the .32 pistol and revolver rounds were introduced, and the .310 reverted to the small cap at that time. Again I can’t be definite, but the second version would have been around 1929/1931 as a best guess.

Sorry that is the best I can do at this time.

Cheers
John

John, thanks for the explanation.