.338 Lapua Mag. MK 330 Mod 0

From the recent Missouri Valley show:

Brian

Precision Sniper Rifle (PSR)
U.S. Special Operations Command (SOCOM)
Mar 08, 2013
…a 10 year, Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ), Firm Fixed Priced contract for the purchase of the Precision Sniper Rifle (PSR) system. The maximum quantities for this requirement are projected to be 5,150 PSR systems and 4,696,800 rounds of ammunition. The work will be performed at two Remington facilities Ilion, NY, and Elizabethtown, KY, and the ammunition at Barnes Bullets facility Mona, UT, and expected to be completed by March 2023.
fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity … e&_cview=1

Wow, thanks for posting! Very interesting.
Do you have any singles for sale, if so please PM or Email me.

Thanks,

Joe

Brian, thanks for the info!

Do you happen to know who exactly is “BBR”?

Barnes Bullets Remington???

Barnes was acquired by Remington in 2010 according to the Barnes company history web page.

Brian,

You know, that is funny you mention that for the headstamp, as when I look at there web page and bring up the military catalog of theirs, Remington is at the bottom left of every page. Is Remington part of Barnes military division?

Joe

PS; Thanks for the email on the availability.

OK, well theirs my answer.Thanks.

Joe

Brian, very interesting box, thank you very much for posting. The “BBR” is the manufacturing symbol assigned to Barnes Bullets, LLC, even though these letters have been and still are the initials of their testing facilities designated “Barnes Ballistic Research”. It seem that the latter use came first because it is already mentioned in the 2012 Military/LE catalog (scan posted below.).

The BBR headstamp is also used in other calibers of the Precision Match line of ammunition made by Barnes, and in this particular case the brass was made by Lapua, but I don’t know about the rest.

Regards,

Fede

Fede,

Thanks very much for the information on Barnes Ballistic Research i.e. " BBR ".

Brian

Barnes is also loading ammunition for Remington. An example is the .300 Blackout which is loaded in Mona, Utah using brass headstamped “BARNES” (without primer sealant) and packed in Remington UMC boxes.

At the bottom left of there home page, ( barnesbullets.com/ ) it is posted in the lower left corner “Military - law Enforcement Remington”.