35-55 Maynard Cartridge

I am looking for a 35-55 Maynard headstamped original cartridge or fired brass.

thank you

beltfed/arnie

YOUR DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS NOT REAL CLEAR! LET ME START WITH, MAYNARD (MASSACHUSETTS ARMS COMPANY) NEVER HEADSTAMPED CARTRIDGES. U.M.C. HEADSTAMPED A CALIBER .32-35 CARTRIDGE AND W.R.A.Co. HEADSTAMPED A .22 EX. LONG. BOTH OF THESE WERE MAYNARD CALIBERS BUT ALSO FIT OTHER FIREARMS AS WELL. I DON’T RECALL ANY AMMUNITION COMPANY THAT HEADSTAMPED ANY OF THE .35 CALIBER MAYNARD CARTRIDGES.

GWB,
Thanks for getting back to me.
I should have figured that UMC and others might not be headstamping (some of) the Maynard ctges.
Anyways,
There is sufficient info on a 35-40 Maynard, but a dearth of info on the 35-55. I am mainly interested in
the documentation of the existence of the 35-55 loading.

thank you
beltfed/arnie

There are two so-called .35-55 Maynard cartridges: one is a .35-40 Model 1882 which was named “.35-55” because of a longer case measuring 52.2 mm/2.055’’; however, this is the correct case lenght of a .35-40 and may indicate that the owner had a cut-down case of this one to compare (sometimes found measuring 50.5 mm/1.988’’) and this caused the confusion. The other is a Model 1865 case found in Lyle Deniston’s advanced collection of Maynard cartridges, and is considered to be an original but undocumented case lenght.