.357 SIG SPEER Lawman Frangible RHT #53368

Managed to find a box (a bit tattered) of .357 SIG SPEER Lawman Training Frangible RHT (Reduced Hazard Training) with 100gr Sinterfire Frangible RNFP (Round nose flat point) lead free bullet and Clean-Fire (CF) primer. Speer item #53368

Cartridge, headstamp and bullet tip.

End flap and lot number on inner flap.

Note the small case " s " in the headstamp. From a thread on the old IAA Forum (2007, viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1233 ) is a discussion concerning the added " s " in the headstamp on some .357 SIG cases made by SPEER to indicate a smaller than normal primer flash hole which provided better results with powders in use at the time.

Is the " s " in the headstamp shown above the same " s " being discussed in the earlier thread or is it something else?

Below is a comparison of headstamps, one from the cartridge being discussed above vs. a 2013 dated headstamp from a .357 SIG Speer Lawman Training cartridge with 125 gr FMJ TMJ bullet and CF primer, Speer item #53919.

Any information on this or other Speer RHT ammunition is appreciated.

Brian

One could write a book on variations of Speer pistol ammunition, with probably a chapter or two devoted to nothing but headstamp variations.

The “s” is also found on nickeled cases. Other than that, I would not know where to start. I wish some of those dated Speer .357 SIG and .40 S&W rounds would show up out here. I am yet to get my first one, so those who post pictures of them are much appreciated. You can’t find something if you don’t know it exists.

I would make a stab at answering any specific question on Speer auto pistol cartridges, but will have to leave the broad are of the question poised to someone with more time, and probably one who knows more about the subject than do I. The latter won’t be hard to find.