35MM RECOILLESS, COMBUSTIBLE CASE, TELESCOPED, APFSDS-Janes

Here is a super interesting designed 35 MM round. Both the case and the primer are completly combustible. And it comes in a APFSDS, my fav!

very interesting

It’s is funny that with the exception of APFSDS, every word in the title of this thread I learned about its meaning separately in this forum. :-) I had no clue what a telescoped round was. Anyhow, I thought it was really interesting. I have seen the CCC tank ammo before, but they all seem to leave a AFT CAP behind after firing containing a primer. This CCC even case a combustible primer so nothing is left behind at all.

[quote=“APFSDS”]Here is a super interesting designed 35 MM round. Both the case and the primer are completly combustible. And it comes in a APFSDS, my fav!
[/quote]

Basing on documents which I have Mauser licensed caseless technology from Canadian company ADVANCED CASELESS AMMUNITION INC. (caselessammunition.com/). Very interesting, thank you!

Recent UK Tank ammo doesn’t use stub cases but is,with the exception of the igniter tube, fully combustible; it is also unusual in using rifled barrels.
A quick reference can be found here
janes.com/defence/news/jdw/j … _4_n.shtml

Nematoad

Thanks Nematoad. I checked out that link which is almost identical to the page in Jane’s that covers RO CCC tank ammo. I knew that they use separate loading 2 piece ammo but always thought they also expelled a AFT CAP. I see no pictures of the bottom half of the ammo and the description only says, “Thin Walled Combustible Case”. Anyhow, makes sense and thanks for bringing it to my attention. I think I have the APFSDS penetrator to the British L21 round fired from a Challenger 1. It is a vet bring back from Desert Storm :-)

Thanks for that link also Yuri! Just checked it out! Very interesting. It is amazing how much get spent of R&D testing this stuff.

R&D money is the life’s blood of the ordnance industry.

I bet, it would have to be :-) Still, the numbers are mindboggling.