.366 TKM Loaded With A Flechette Or?

Posted on Max Popenker’s web page (LiveJournal) is the picture of a .366 TKM cartridge case on display loaded with a flechette (?), link to the webpage: https://mpopenker.livejournal.com/2353664.html

The photo posted on Max’s webpage:

The cartridge is attributed to BSTU “Voenmeh” which according to Wikipedia is Baltic State Technical University “Voenmeh”, Saint Petersburg, Russia and previously known as Military Mechanical Institute.

Can anyone provide a translation of the display information card, discussion on Max’s web page?
Perhaps Alex (EOD:-)

An article, also written by Max, on the Russian .366 TKM hunting ammunition.

Brian

Brian, it says little actually:
.366 TKM effector (there basically saying “combat element”) for civilian gun for water medium
So not really saying “under water” and leaving room for interpretation.

I wonder much then wat the true purpose will be, shooting fish?

The bullet seems to be gagged in the case neck with pieces of cardboard.
The bullet shape appears a bit unsuitable for under water use when we look at all the known military types existing.
I wonder how serious this development is - if it is one at all.

Alex,

Thanks for the translation and feedback. I also am not sure what to think about this cartridge.
Maybe Max or AZOV2014 will see this and pass along anything they may know.

Brian

unfortunately, guys at the stand where I took this photo had ZERO idea about this thing
I assume it is just another student project for department that specializes in ammunition, as in my opinion it makes no practical sense at all

A friend came up with a possible explanation for that projectile:
It could be the diploma work of some young engineer!
That would explain a lot!

yes, that’s the most probable version.

Looks like a whale-tagging device, but if it were, I suppose they would have made that more obvious and labelled it as such?