37mm Cannon information

Can any one tell me the dates, as specific as possible, for the production of the following 37mm Cannon ammunition?

Thanks --Kenny

USA
M74 AP Shot
M80 AP Shot
M51 APC
M51A1 APCBC
M51B1 APCBC (Diff Ballistic cap)
M51B2 APCBC (Diff Ballistic cap)
M63 APHE
M2 Canister

British
Mk II HE

French
Mle 1935 AP
Mle 1934 AP-T
Mle 1937 HE

Russian
UBR-167 AP
UOR-167 HE
UOR-167N HE

Can I assume (hate that) the French round dates are the production dates? Don’t know.

[quote=“echo501”]Can any one tell me the dates, as specific as possible, for the production of the following 37mm Cannon ammunition?

Russian
UBR-167 AP
UOR-167 HE
UOR-167N HE

[/quote]

Welcome here Echo!

Talking about Russian ones (other countries excluded):
The first two likely were the initial production. Since the weapon is the M1939 the date of production should go along with the first guns.
The AP was produced till the caliber got cancelled (in the 1970’s maybe).

The UOR-167N is a post war design and replaced the UOR-167. As far as I can say by some specimen the change might have been around 1950-1952.

The caliber was made at least till 1973 since this is the latest Russian head stamp I have seen.

Most of the U.S. types listed that I have seen have been dated circa 1940-1945, and the improved versions probably first appearing in 1941 or 1942.
That is based on observed dates only, not documentation or an exhaustive study.

Bob Mellichamp’s 37mm books will tell us all we ever wanted to know about these, and the guns that used them. No idea when the volume(s) covering these will be finished.

[quote=“EOD”]
Welcome here Echo!

Talking about Russian ones (other countries excluded):
The first two likely were the initial production. Since the weapon is the M1939 the date of production should go along with the first guns.
The AP was produced till the caliber got cancelled (in the 1970’s maybe).

The UOR-167N is a post war design and replaced the UOR-167. As far as I can say by some specimen the change might have been around 1950-1952.

The caliber was made at least till 1973 since this is the latest Russian head stamp I have seen.[/quote]

Thanks EOD. I appreciate the help. I’m a wargame designer and am looking for production dates doe all sorts of ammunition. A friend over @ TankNet recommended I ask here for this data. I truly am grateful for the data.

Have just this evening found another Russian round that went with the M1939 Weapon System.

The UBR-167P. This is an HVAP round. Would you happen to know it’s production date?

Thanks --Kenny

The 167P came only after 1941 to what we can say today and was mentioned first in 1944 (according to docs I have on hands). So I would go for a date between 1941-1944 with a high probability for 1942-2943.