40 -60 wcf --- wra ca?

A friend gave me a dummy 40-60 sample with that I considered a common hds on this cartridge, but at close inspection it is not " W.R.A. Co 40 - 60 W.C.F." but " WRA CA .40-60 WCF"…

Any ideas about the origin of this headstamp?

Thanks

Coul “CA” stand for “Century Arms” ?

Never seen this headstamp

No one? This headstamp is driving me crazy…

Pivi: I can’t help you with this one, but it might help others to know if the cartridge seems a century or more in age or of rather recent manufacture. Your first post gave me the idea you felt it was quite old, but your later post then suggested it looks not old at all. It is then probably a newish specimen? Jack

I think it is of modern manufacture.
For example it has the small cannelure between the rim and the base, just any modern drawn case.
My WRACO 40-60 sample hasn’t got the cannelure

It is a reload, anyway. The owner bought the cases and load them with modern bullets 8 ithink of italian manufacture, probably a brass washed Northwest lead bullet)

Could well be modern production with a proprietary headstamp, but why did they copy the original WRACO headstamp style?

[quote=“Pivi”]I think it is of modern manufacture.
For example it has the small cannelure between the rim and the base, just any modern drawn case.
My WRACO 40-60 sample hasn’t got the cannelure

It is a reload, anyway. The owner bought the cases and load them with modern bullets 8 ithink of italian manufacture, probably a brass washed Northwest lead bullet)

Could well be modern production with a proprietary headstamp, but why did they copy the original WRACO headstamp style?[/quote]

Just a guess:
In WIKI they have this:
"Olin Corporation continues after 2006 to manufacture Winchester ammunition (the cartridge business was not sold to U.S. Repeating Arms) in several lines including Super-X, Supreme and Supreme Elite, AA and Super Target shotshells, and Winchester Cowboy Loads revolver cartridges"
Means…could the CA means COWBOY ACTION ??

Forensic

Pivi, this is a modern shooting brass case made by/for Italian firm Chaparral Arms.

Pivi, this is a modern shooting brass case made/for by Italian firm Chaparral Arms. They are also making .45-75, .45-60 and .50-95.

Jack & Forensic : thanks for your help & thoughs

Fede…simply the #1!

This is from Chaparral Arms website:

They also produce bullets fro their cases