40mm Bofors proof

I came across this 40mm Bofors P of P proof round unfired, not sure if its a L60 or L70 as some Bofors projectiles have tapered bases with tapered base tracer fuzes. The base fuze is marked, firing repT&I No14 Mk2, and has a un marked removable inert nose fuze that all strips down. I noticed that the base colour yellow is buff beneath the black paint would have been the projectiles original colour. Would this be a projectile taken of the production line and turned into a proof round or would this be done at armoury level. If anyone can enlighten me more about this projectile, i would be gratefull.

I have the same projectile without a fuze also showing yellow paint. I thought a PRF would be fitted?
My paint marks are a bit clearer. I think I read somewhere that the normal Bofors fuzes were used in these early UK L/70 projectiles??

SX 97A
40/70
D?/L/9751/E/1107
2LB 3OZ 4DR
P of P

OSP
PROOF

Impressed into the projectile body:
40/70
LIT? 6/57

Same paint markings as mine. The D? is meant to be a 2. as for metal body stampings i can just about see them under the colours which is the same as yours. A nice round shame about the scratched black, would have liked to have known what it was like before it was painted black and marked for proof. Anyone know about the procedure of how proof rounds were used. Was this a typical L70 HE round from the 1950s i assume British.

Mine has a clear D and faint 2 so it reads D2.
I put a plug fuze in mine and it weighs 2lb 30z so weighted and would not have a filler? I cannot help with proof projectile use.
Is P of P meaning proof of projectile or proof of propellant?

PoP is usually Proof of Propellant

I show an Australian L/60 Proof projectile with my L /70 (wrong plug fuze).
The L/60 has poor white letters but the top is plugged with nice stencils.
Impressed on the side is:
BHP 90639
1LB 15OZ 81/2DR
40MM MO
4 . 2-43

The length of the L/60 projectile is 119.5mm.

The tapered bottom of the WW2 projectile below the drive band compared to the post war one.