44-40 gamegetter

Picked up a new WRACO gamegetter box to add to the collection. Have 8 WRACO GG boxes now. All different. Though you all might find this interesting. ENJOY!
http://picasaweb.google.com/tonyg289/Gamegetter

Great group of boxes, Tony. Do you have a feel for how many variations there are?

I know 4 or 5 guys who have been wondering the same thing for 20 years now!.. I’ve wondered that myself, but all I can say is that I own 8 variations of GG boxes, and as you know, a bit over 50+ 44-40 boxes. In trying to get one of every variation Winchester/Western ever made, I have seen many variations. Many I own or have managed to buy. Of the ones I have seen, there have only been a few that I have not been able to add. Yours being one of them. ha ha… The question is how many are out there that we DON’T know about… I have heard from a friend that he believes between WRACO and Western there are probably 75-100 variations of 44-40 boxes…so the hunt continues. But that is only speculation, as NOBODY knows. Someday, I’ll have enough variations to be able to historically and accurately document the life of the 44-40 from 1873 on up for the eyes of the Winchester collector. I’ll definitely want to share that with the collecting community.