45 acp

Here are two 45 ACP ctges, both with the hstp : Wester 45 Auto.
I don’t remember the name. What is it ?
One is scarcer than the other. Which one?
And value please.
Thnaks
JP

JP

Those are XM 261, commonly called the Tunnel Rat Shot Cartridges.

Do a search. These were discussed on another thread.

I can’t say which is more valuable. Personally, I think they are both the same, but value is in the eye of the beholder.

Ray

[quote=“Ray Meketa”]JP

Those are XM 261, commonly called the Tunnel Rat Shot Cartridges.

I can’t say which is more valuable. Personally, I think they are both the same, but value is in the eye of the beholder.

Ray[/quote]

Thnak you Ray !
I found the thread.The yellow one is scarcer.
Now, regarding the value, I don’t remember how much I paid them, and except Buttweiller catalogues (which start to be old and furthermore, like all the auction catalogues, don’t give a real value) I don’t see how I can guess the value of these ctges.
I am no more in all these new ctges field and I thought somebody collecting them could give me an average value.

As I said in a thread the real value of a ctge is based on many parameters like caliber, period of manufacturing, number of manufactured ctges , number of remaining ctges, loading, comparaison with other rounds and so on.

Ask me about a shotshell and I can give you the price of what I THINK it is…
(It doesn’t mean the price you will find in a catalogue or the price the people are asking for their round).
But about all these recent rounds only a guy collecting seriously them could give me the exact price.

When you make a good deal with somebody it doesn’t mean you are happy because you have made a lot of money on him.
But it means both parties are happy because each of them have made a good deal.
And to be like that it means the value of the round was exact and not over or under estimated.
I could sell a lot of my ctges at very high price on the French market or even in Europe, but it is not the way I act.
I prefer to sell them at the right price, it is just a question of morality.

JP