5.45x39mm 7N10

I understand that the 5.45x39mm “7N10” enhanced penetration ball cartridge went through several design changes over the course of its use.
Can anyone provide pictures of actual sectioned specimens showing these changes? Were there nomenclature changes to the improved models?
Is it correct that the only markings to identify the 7N10 is a purple case mouth seal instead of the normal red for a ball cartridge? What about the primer seal?

Who manufactures the 7N10? Only Vympel, or did others produce it?

Is there a list of known headstamps???

Thanks!

AKMS

Thank you very much Yuri!

It is true that the earliest 7N10 was simply a 7N6 with a hardened core?

What is the color of the Ukrainian case mouth and primer seal? It looks green to me…

Is the 7N10/7N10M a “special issue” cartridge or is it for use by regular troops in combat?

AKMS

[quote=“AKMS”]Thank you very much Yuri!

It is true that the earliest 7N10 was simply a 7N6 with a hardened core?

What is the color of the Ukrainian case mouth and primer seal? It looks green to me…

Is the 7N10/7N10M a “special issue” cartridge or is it for use by regular troops in combat?

AKMS[/quote]

Since 1987 7N6 is come with heat-strengthened steel core.

7N10 is different cartridge. This is not Special cartridge… Just AP cartridge for Army and other forces.

The color of Ukrainian cartridge seal is black varnish around bullet and primer.

Yuri, thank you for clarifying the 7N6 /7N10 issue. I was under the impression that the 7N10 was not an AP, but a Ball load with “enhanced penetration” qualities. Sort of like a semi-AP.

AKMS

The 7N10 is actually not classified as an AP. Enhanced Penetration is correct.

The 7N6 with thermal treated core should be the 7N6M.

Without cutting the 7N10 and 7N10M can only be told apart by the year of production.

Undeletable double posting.