5.56 hstp

Ok so I swore I was never going to collect headstamps. Sound familiar?

Anyway I have 2 rounds with unfamiliar headstamps:-
5.56/80.10/PS (6/2/10, all characters orientated with the top toward the primer)Red primer annulus.
5.56/B/GD (6/2/10, all characters orientated with the top facing to of round) Green primer annulus

Nick

Nick,

The second one is Chartered Industries, Singapore. GD is a date code for 1974 - G being the 7th letter of the alphabet, D being the 4th. The letter B indicates a Boxer-primed case.

Jim

…and the first one sounds like Poongsan, South Korea. It’s probably a date code for October 1980 although my specimen from 1981 actually uses the abbreviation ‘OCT’ instead of your ‘10’.

Jim

[quote=“Jim”]…and the first one sounds like Poongsan, South Korea. It’s probably a date code for October 1980 although my specimen from 1981 actually uses the abbreviation ‘OCT’ instead of your ‘10’.

Jim[/quote]

Spot on Jim.

FalconSNZ - while the guys easily translated these two headstamps for us, thanks to their expertise, it is better, if you are typing them on line, not to add anything that is not actually on the headstamp. Any symbol what-so-ever not there just muddies the waters. In this case, for example, the use of the slash sign (/) is usually done when typing out a headstamp that has segment lines actually on the headstamp, certainly not present on either of the headstamps you requested information on. Just a tip to help make it easier to help you with headstamp identifications.

John Moss