5.56x45mm RS-101 Cartridge

In this article, a 5.56x45mm improved penetration round is mentioned, designated RS-101.

Does IAA know anything about this round? Does anyone, perhaps, have a picture or example cartridge?

[quote=“Tau”]In this article, a 5.56x45mm improved penetration round is mentioned, designated RS-101.

Does IAA know anything about this round? Does anyone, perhaps, have a picture or example cartridge?[/quote]

Head-stamp typical military style - 17 01 or same. Bullet is very similar in onstruction to Russian 5.45x39 7N10 PP.

Oh, most excellent, thank you!

Is this cartridge intended for export, or what?

It also exists with hs “17 5.56x45” and was already exported to Indonesia together with the 7.62x51 equivalent.

RS Family. From left to right:

So many errors that probably best to remove my post completely.

Sorry, but there is no actual evidence of existing RS102 in metal. The second bullet fro the left is PP bullet, not AP. At least according to source from where they have come.

Perhaps you are right, and my information is not correct. There is no evidence supporting any version. Let my photo will be temporary until the decoding of RS series. (slightly corrected in my first post).

Thanks! RS-101 looks pretty slick. They’ve got a fairly fine ogive and meplat on that bullet.

Is it an all-steel core, or is there a lead component?

The 1st blank on the left (#3) with “ODL” hs was made for New Zealand not for Indonesia.
ordnance.co.nz/about.html

The #5 is a display dummy which seems to have a commercial FMJ lead core projectile. Mybe a load which was created from available components as often done for commercial shows.