5.6 mm Centella

Here is one of the few wildcat cartridges developed in Argentina: the “5.6 mm Centella” (flash). It was designed by Alberto A. Landini in 1949 and is based on a 7.65 x 54 Mauser case necked to accept a .21/.22 caliber bullet with a double jacket made from .22 Short and Long Rifle cases swaged together. The bullet diameter varied according to the barrel used (first was a Winchester .22 LR, second a Simson target .21 and third and last a Husqvarana .220 Swift).

Fede

An interesting old wildcat. Thanks for sharing. I’ll bet that neither Ed Reynolds nor Pivi has one of those. :-)

Ray

Ray, unfortunately not…but…it could be done!

The .22 cases were used in the past to form jacketed bullets in Italy too, but for the 6.5 mm Carcano

[quote]The .22 cases were used in the past to form jacketed bullets in Italy too, but for the 6.5 mm Carcano[/quote]There is an Alberto A. Landini on a passenger list for Argentina between 1890 and 1960 http://search.ancestry.co.uk. Landini obviously is an Italian name. So maybe Landini brought the know-how from Italy in his baggage.

Hans

Hans, I don’t think so. Carcano rifles and ammo has became being legal for private citizens at the end of the 70es. Anyway, many people in Argentina and other South america countries has italian origins.
There are some Pivi’s relatives in argentina too… and i know several people whose surname is "Zamboni " or “Zambon”