52 grains DAG 5,56mm 'special operations' box

Found at a local range, in the remains of a bonfire. The range is used by both military and police SF guys.
Just like the DAG tracer I showed a box of earlier, it has no reference to FMT, the danish procurement agency.

Soren

As per the dual language and the proof house mark this ammunition is supposedly civilian and there Police ammo comes to my mind.
Also the military would not use HP projectiles (normally).
Just my opinion.

Very cool!

I recall a .308 load by Dynamit-Nobel used in Germany (1980s?), if memory serves it was labeled “Game Dispatch” and loaded with a 125gr JHP.

52gr is light, even for a JHP, for .mil loads in that caliber…maybe a frangible range/training pill?

[quote=“Mwinter”]Very cool!

I recall a .308 load by Dynamit-Nobel used in Germany (1980s?), if memory serves it was labeled “Game Dispatch” and loaded with a 125gr JHP.

52gr is light, even for a JHP, for .mil loads in that caliber…maybe a frangible range/training pill?[/quote]Training yes, very probably, the range is set up for live fire, but they (the police) are mostly practising FIBUA up there.
Have also found spent RP723-8 training tear gas cartridges there.

FIBUA = Fighting In Built Up Areas.

Soren

Hi Soren, this is an sniper cartridge for ranges of up to 150 m and it is loaded with an expanding lead cored bullet. It was advertised by RUAG c. 2008.

[quote=“Fede”]Hi Soren, this is an sniper cartridge for ranges of up to 150 m and it is loaded with an expanding lead cored bullet. It was advertised by RUAG c. 2008.[/quote]Thanks, Fede, I’ll put that on my card in the album.
-Soren