5mm pinfire brick

I picked up the first 5mm pinfire brick I have come across. The two boxes fit in the paper wrapper on top of each other.

F. D. & Co. is for Frank Dyke. He was a dealer in London that imported cartridges from various manufacturers in various countries. This particular one was made by SFM.

I have been collecting cartridges for around 30 years and some of the stuff people find still amazes me. Nice find Aaron.

Zac

Very nice. I like how the number 5 is pasted on the label next to the printed " marks. I wonder if there is another number under the 5?

Joe

[quote=“xjda68”]Very nice. I like how the number 5 is pasted on the label next to the printed " marks. I wonder if there is another number under the 5?

Joe[/quote]

Yes, all 3 labels are printed as 7mm

I have a few boxes that do something similar.
freemycollection.com/?page=pinfi … oxes&id=26 is a 15mm box that has a 15 sticker over the printed 12
Then I have a Charles Fusnot 12mm brick that uses the same label as the boxes, but overstamps 100 of the printed 25 for the quantity.

I have a few others too but I forget what as they are all packed away right now since I recently moved.

I would assume this was done to save money by buying the ones they use more, in bulk, and just sticking a sticker on ones that are sold a lot less often.

Here is another example where they changed it to be blanks instead of ball, and universally put the sticker for they type of ammo.

Very interesting. Thanks for the picture.

Joe